Holiday Knitting Donation Drive
Knit for St. Anthony's this Holiday season and know that your hand crafted scarf will be a source of comfort to those in our community who need it most.
- Knit or crochet on your own and send it in (send in your registration below so we can keep you updated on the impact your scarf made)
- Make a goal with your knitting group or friends and knit together (send your registration below or register on our website so we know how many)
- Scarves will be given free to guests of St. Anthony's during the holidays.
- Size: Our scarves should be 5-7 inches wide and 48-60 inches long.
- Yarn: Mid-weight yarns in washable wool or wool/acrylic blends (but please no cotton yarn (its not warm and holds moisture)
- Colors: Neutral, classic or bright (but please no white or light colored yarns which soil easily)
- Yardage: about 200 - 250 depending on yarn weight
- Needle size: U.S. 7-9 depending on yarn weight
Completed scarves need to be received by December 21, 2012
Scarves can be dropped off or mailed to:
St. Anthony Foundation
Attn: Knitting Project150 Golden Gate Ave.
San Francisco CA 94102
Every day St. Anthony's in San Francisco provides over 1600 people with food, clothing, drug and alcohol recovery and medical care. To date we have served more than 37 million meals to the hungry.